Re: SYSTEM_USER reserved word implementation

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: SYSTEM_USER reserved word implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 9:26 AM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> On 6/22/22 11:35, Jacob Champion wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 8:10 AM Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> Why would you want to do it differently than
> SessionUserId/OuterUserId/CurrentUserId? It is analogous, no?

Like I said, now there are two different sources of truth, and
additional code to sync the two, and two different APIs to set what
should be a single write-once attribute. But if SystemUser is instead
derived from authn_id, like what's just been proposed with
`method:authn_id`, I think there's a better argument for separating
the two.

--Jacob

Сообщение: Re: SYSTEM_USER reserved word implementation
Сообщение: Re: SYSTEM_USER reserved word implementation