Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows

От Brian Crowell
Тема Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Christian Ullrich
<chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Brian Crowell <brian@fluggo.com> wrote:
>> * If I don't specify my username, Npgsql sends it in lowercase "bcrowell"
>
> Hmm. That is related one problem I've been having with SSPI auth from libpq/ODBC. The database treats the claimed
username case-sensitively when looking up the user info in pg_authid, and if the user logged on to Windows with a name
differingin case from what the database thinks it is, authentication fails. Npgsql sending it always in lower case is
preciselywhat I landed on as a workaround (basically overriding libpq's automatic user name detection in the ODBC
connectionstring by appending a UID option).

The message I get in the log is "provided user name
(bcrowell@REALM.COM) and authenticated username (BCrowell@REALM.COM)
do not match," so it looks like I have to teach Npgsql to match
whatever Windows is sending in GSSAPI. That, or teach Postgres how to
lowercase the name on arrival.

What did you do to get around this?

—Brian

От: gajendra s v
Сообщение: select Xpath is returning values with {}
От: Christian Ullrich
Сообщение: Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows