Server Instrumentation Help

От Carlos Mennens
Тема Server Instrumentation Help
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
So when I connect to my PostgreSQL 9.1.2 enterprise database, I'm
greeted with a window from pgAdmin3 that says:

The server lacks instrumentation functions.
pgAdmin III uses some support functions that are not available by
default in all PostgreSQL versions. These enable some tasks that make
life easier when dealing with log files and configuration files.
The adminpack is installed and activated by default if you are running
the one-click installer of PostgreSQL. On Unix, you may have to
install the contrib package, either with the your package installer
tool or by compilation.
Once your extension is installed, you only need to click on the "Fix
it!" button, so that pgAdmin installs this extension in your
maintenance database.

I'm assuming you're all very familiar with this warning and I'd like
to know how to go about resolving this issue so it doesn't keep
popping up. I know I can ignore and set to know remind me again
however I 'DO' want to resolve this. Can someone please help me with
what I can do to resolve this. My info is below:

DBMS = PostgreSQL 9.1.2 x86_64
O.S. = GNU/Debian Linux 6.0.3 x86_64
Kernel = 3.2.7
pdAdmin3 = v1.14.0 (Sep 28, 2011)