Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design Update] Visual design of query editorand results table

От Anthony DeBarros
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [Design Update] Visual design of query editorand results table
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Agreed on all the responses thus far. The ability to distinguish values ranging from thousands to tens of thousands to millions, etc., is substantially harder if numbers are left-justified.

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:41 AM, Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt@pivotal.io> wrote:
> 3. right-justified numbers come from precedents like excel or other
> spreadsheet type tools and muddles the distinction between editable and
> un-editable tables (at least data output in from query results is
> un-editable, I know right clicking on a table in the browser to "view ...
> data/rows" outputs an editable table)

When we first released pgAdmin 4 we forgot to right-justify numbers.
Users complained. Lots. They need to stay right justified.

Right justifying makes it substantially easier to understand magnitude and makes it easier to get decimal alignment.

-- Rob

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com