Re: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2

От Culley Harrelson
Тема Re: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2
Дата
Re: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2
Список pgsql-general
They are just your standard sql errors seen in the output of psql mydb < backup.sql

ALTER TABLE
ERROR:  could not create unique index "ht_user_pkey"
DETAIL:  Key (user_id)=(653009) is duplicated.

There is a unique index on user_id in the 8..4.0 system and, of course, only one record for 653009.

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On Friday, December 30, 2011 6:32:56 am Culley Harrelson wrote:
> Hello I am trying to migrate a database from 8.4.0 to 9.1.2 on a test
> server before updating the production server.  When piping the dump file
> created with pg_dump in psql I am getting duplicate key errors and the
> primary keys on several large tables do not get created.  I have read all
> the migration notes and do not see anything specific other than a pg_dump
> restore is required.  Any clues for me?

Was there data already in the 9.1 database?
Post some of the error messages.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2
Сообщение: Re: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2