Re: PostgreSQL Community Enquire !

От Kashif Zeeshan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Community Enquire !
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 4:29 AM madhav sira <madhavjpn567@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear PostgreSQL Community,

I am new to the PostgreSQL community. I am writing to seek guidance on the best practices for engaging with the community, particularly regarding where to post questions related to SQL queries and general database issues.

In other database communities, such as the Oracle SQL and PL/SQL forums, there are dedicated spaces where users can ask and answer questions. I am wondering if PostgreSQL has a similar community forum or if all questions should be directed to this mailing list (pgsql-general).

Could you please provide some information on the following:

1. Is there a dedicated community forum or platform where PostgreSQL users typically ask and discuss SQL-related questions?
2. If the `pgsql-general` mailing list is the primary venue, are there any specific guidelines or best practices I should follow when posting questions?

There are as such no  guidelines  but what I recommend is that you can check the existing posts on the mail lists and you will get a general idea.

3. Are there other resources or mailing lists that would be beneficial for someone looking to learn and troubleshoot PostgreSQL?
There are a lot of mail lists available, you need to subscribe to the desired ones, the mostly used ones are
1.  pgsql-general
2. pgsql-hackers
3. pgsql-admin

You can go to the following link.

Regards
Kashif Zeeshan

I want to ensure that I am using the correct channels and adhering to community standards to get the most out of my interactions with the PostgreSQL community.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Shiv