Re: Transaction control in shards through PLPROXY

От Granthana Biswas
Тема Re: Transaction control in shards through PLPROXY
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Sergey,

Thank you for your reply. Have you implemented this while sharding your database? Did it cause any performance issues?

Warm regards,
GB

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Granthana Biswas
<granthana.biswas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Inspite of being aware that PLPROXY does autocommit for DML functions called
> on shards, I was wondering if there is any way around to put a set of DML
> functions called from Router on shards inside a transaction so that all
> updates on shards can be rolled back if any one among the set fails?

It is called two-phase commit. You need to consult with this [1]
section of documentation.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/sql-prepare-transaction.html

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com