Re: BUG #16594: DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY fails on partitioned table with a non helpful error message.

От Jan Mußler
Тема Re: BUG #16594: DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY fails on partitioned table with a non helpful error message.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Alvaro,

thank you for looking into this on short notice. Looks better now with an error messaging hinting at the problem.

-- Jan

Am Do., 27. Aug. 2020 um 21:22 Uhr schrieb Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>:
On 2020-Aug-27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On 2020-Aug-27, Michael Paquier wrote:
>
> > The error message is really confusing though, so for now I would
> > recommend to just drop an error if trying the operation on a
> > partitioned table, and we also do that now for CREATE INDEX
> > CONCURRENTLY.
>
> Yeah, let's throw an error if the table is partitioned.  My bug -- I'll
> go fix it now.

... as attached.

I first tried to add a hack directly in index_drop, but that doesn't
really work because there's no way to tell whether the partitioned index
is going to be dropped first or the index partition -- as that code runs
after the dependency tree has been walked.  The condition has to be
checked before starting the object-drop code proper.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/