Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres

От Souvik Bhattacherjee
Тема Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres
Дата
Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres  (Adrian Ho <ml+postgresql@03s.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I got this thing running and hopefully works as expected. The txns are
stored in insert_txn1.sql, insert_txn2.sql, ...
Please let me know if you find any issues with this.
Script is attached.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 5:11 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 7/24/19 1:52 PM, Souvik Bhattacherjee wrote:
>  >Well it depends on the part you have not filled in, what client(s) you
>  > are using and how the transactions are being generated?
>
> Using a psql client and txns are generated manually at this point. Each
> txn is
> stored separately in a .sql file and are fired from different psql
> sessions, if that
> helps.

A quick demo:

psql -d production -U postgres -c "\timing" -c "select line_id, category
  from avail_headers order by line_id;"

Timing is on.
Time: 0.710 ms

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Running concurrent txns and measuring the timings in Postgres