Re: BUG #17399: Dead tuple number stats not updated on long running queries

От Soni M
Тема Re: BUG #17399: Dead tuple number stats not updated on long running queries
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Sorry, accidentally send the message before finishing it.

Ah yes, it is the dead tuple cannot be removed, because long running transactions still see them.
Something that lead to my confusion above is pg_stat_progress_vacuum, each time autovacuum/manual vacuum launch during long running transaction, it reports that num_dead_tuples  is 0, while the pg_stat_user_tables.n_dead_tuple still have the number of dead tuples.

It is false reporting from pg_stat_progress_vacuum that lead to my confusion.

Thanks.