Re: Remove io prefix from pg_stat_io columns

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: Remove io prefix from pg_stat_io columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 8:42 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 01:54:21PM -0300, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 1:27 PM Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Over in [1], we discussed removing the "io" prefix from the columns
> >> "io_context" and "io_object" in pg_stat_io since they seem redundant
> >> given the view name
> >
> > LGTM. All tests passed and were built without warnings.
>
> There are a lot of internal references to both of them mainly around
> the buffer manager and the pgstat code, still I agree that the view
> feels redundant as currently written, so agreed.  It does not seem
> like you have missed any references here, from what I can see.

I thought about changing parameter and local variable names to remove
the prefix, but in the original discussion folks seemed to think it made
sense to leave the "C level" references with an "io" prefix. I think we
could change many of them, but some of them may be required for clarity.

- Melanie

Сообщение: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation
Сообщение: Re: Autogenerate some wait events code and documentation