Re: describe working as intended?

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: describe working as intended?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 18, 2019 at 1:17 AM Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
Hello

No, this is not bug. This is expected beharior of search_path setting: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/runtime-config-client.html

> Likewise, the current session's temporary-table schema, pg_temp_nnn, is always searched if it exists. It can be explicitly listed in the path by using the alias pg_temp. If it is not listed in the path then it is searched first

psql \d command checks current search_path (by pg_table_is_visible call). You can use \d *.t1 syntax to display tables with such name in all schemas.

regards, Sergei

Thanks! I suppose it would behoove me to check the documentation
before resorting to looking at the source code :)

--
Melanie Plageman