Re: pgsql: Reduce branches in heapgetpage()'s per-tuple loop

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: pgsql: Reduce branches in heapgetpage()'s per-tuple loop
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Sun, Apr 7, 2024 at 3:29 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Reduce branches in heapgetpage()'s per-tuple loop
>
> Until now, heapgetpage()'s loop over all tuples performed some conditional
> checks for each tuple, even though condition did not change across the loop.

I haven't reviewed exactly what this does, but heapgetpage() was
removed (or split into two functions, rather) in 44086b097537, so I
find the naming of this function, or, at least the comments, commit
message and description a bit confusing.

- Melanie