Re: Calling PrepareTempTablespaces in BufFileCreateTemp

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: Calling PrepareTempTablespaces in BufFileCreateTemp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019 at 1:06 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
There are three functions in fd.c that have a dependency on the
temp tablespace info having been set up:
        OpenTemporaryFile
        GetTempTablespaces
        GetNextTempTableSpace
This patch makes the first of those automatically set up the info
if it's not done yet.  The second one has always had an assertion
that the caller did it already, and now the third one does too.
An about equally plausible change would be to make all three
call PrepareTempTablespaces, but there are so few callers of the
second and third that I'm not sure that'd be better.  Thoughts?

I think an assertion is sufficiently clear for GetNextTempTableSpace based on
what it does and its current callers. The same is probably true for
GetTempTableSpaces.

--
Melanie Plageman