Re: Bug in either collation docs or code

От Melanie Plageman
Тема Re: Bug in either collation docs or code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

​Data, apparently...I got the same non-error result before inserting a record into test1 then I got the expected error.

Its the function/operator the fails when faced with invalid input, not the planner, so the error requires data to provoke.

David J.

I tried inserting data and did not get an error:

CREATE TABLE test1 (
    a text COLLATE "de_DE",
    b text COLLATE "es_ES"
);

INSERT INTO test1 VALUES('b','b'), ('c','c'), ('g','g'), ('h','h');
SELECT a < (select 'foo' COLLATE "fr_FR") FROM test1;

--
Melanie Plageman