Re: [HACKERS] Hash Functions

От amul sul
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Hash Functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 8:01 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 8:40 AM, amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixed in the attached version.

I fixed these up a bit and committed them.  Thanks.

I think this takes care of adding not only the infrastructure but
support for all the core data types, but I'm not quite sure how to
handle upgrading types in contrib.  It looks like citext, hstore, and
several data types provided by isn have hash opclasses, and I think
that there's no syntax for adding a support function to an existing
opclass.  We could add that, but I'm not sure how safe it would be.

TBH, I really don't care much about fixing isn, but it seems like
fixing citext and hstore would be worthwhile.

Attached patch proposes the fix for the citext and hstore contrib.

To make it easy to understand I've split these patch in two part.  0001 adds
a new file for the contrib upgrade & renames an existing file to the higher
version, and 0002 is the actual implementation of extended hash function for
that contrib's data type.

Regards,
Amul

Вложения