Re: pg_verifybackup: TAR format backup verification

От Amul Sul
Тема Re: pg_verifybackup: TAR format backup verification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 8:29 AM Sravan Kumar <sravanvcybage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amul,
>      thanks for working on this.

Thanks, for your review.

>> + file_name_len = strlen(relpath);
>> + if (file_name_len < file_extn_len ||
>> + strcmp(relpath + file_name_len - file_extn_len, file_extn) != 0)
>> + {
>> + if (compress_algorithm == PG_COMPRESSION_NONE)
>> + report_backup_error(context,
>> + "\"%s\" is not a valid file, expecting tar file",
>> + relpath);
>> + else
>> + report_backup_error(context,
>> + "\"%s\" is not a valid file, expecting \"%s\" compressed tar file",
>> + relpath,
>> + get_compress_algorithm_name(compress_algorithm));
>> + return;
>> + }
>

> I believe pg_verifybackup needs to exit after reporting a failure here since it could not figure out a streamer to
allocate.

The intention here is to continue the verification of the remaining tar files
instead of exiting immediately in case of an error. If the user prefers an
immediate exit, they can use the --exit-on-error option of pg_verifybackup.

> Also, v1-0002 removes #include "pqexpbuffer.h" from astreamer.h and adds it to the new .h file and in v1-0004 it
> reverts the change. So this can be avoided altogether.

Fix in the attached version.

Regards,
Amul

Вложения

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Add non-blocking version of PQcancel
От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: WIP: parallel GiST index builds