Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY

От Amul Sul
Тема Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 7:33 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 22, 2021, at 6:39 AM, Amul Sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, that is a bit longer, here is the snip from v35-0010 patch
>
> Right, that's longer, and only tests one interaction.  The isolation spec I posted upthread tests multiple
interactionsbetween the session which uses cursors and the system going read-only.  Whether the session using a cursor
getsa FATAL, just an ERROR, or neither depends on where it is in the process of opening, using, closing and committing.
I think that's interesting.  If the implementation of the ALTER SESSION READ ONLY feature were to change in such a way
as,for example, to make the attempt to open the cursor be a FATAL error, you'd see a change in the test output.

Agreed.

Regards,
Amul

От: wenjing
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
От: wenjing
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables