Re: Allow disabling folding of unquoted identifiers to lowercase

От John McKown
Тема Re: Allow disabling folding of unquoted identifiers to lowercase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 3:38 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
On 4/29/2016 12:56 PM, John McKown wrote:

I suspect this would be painful for the parser, unless you also enforced that all SQL keywords were in a specific case (all lower would be the minimal impact to the code).   otherwise the parser would have to lower() every token to check to see if its a keyword, but if not, revert it to its original case.

​ Why? PostgreSQL is written in C. So use strncasecmp() instead of strncmp() or strcasecmp() instead of strcmp() to test for a token.

are those the APIs the parser uses?

​Ah. Good point. I ASSuMEd that what any C language program would use. IIRC, PostgreSQL uses Bison and Flex to generate the parsing grammars, and I don't know what those products output.​

The unfacts, did we have them, are too imprecisely few to warrant our certitude.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Сообщение: Re: Allow disabling folding of unquoted identifiers to lowercase
Сообщение: Re: Allow disabling folding of unquoted identifiers to lowercase