Re: [BUGS] BUG #14510: found encoding issue

От John McKown
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14510: found encoding issue
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 3:18 AM, <tanawat_w@mfec.co.th> wrote:

Bug reference:      14510
Logged by:          Tanawat  Wongjan
Email address:      tanawat_w@mfec.co.th
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   window

Hi ,
       my database used encoding WIN874 , but when i tried to open some
schema on pgAdmin(version 1.16.1) i found this error 'ERROR: character 0X83
of encoding "WIN874" has no equivalent in "UTF8"' and i tried to check and
found this issue happening by some view on schema used thai language. Can
you suggest how to fix or tell me if other version already fix this issue
?

More information,
Greenplum 4.3.2.1 (Postgres 8.2.15)

​I am not an "official speaker" for PostgreSQL, so you may want to wait a bit for someone else to answer. But were you aware that pgAdmin is _not_ a part of PostgreSQL? Neither is it supported by the PostgreSQL developers. It is a "3rd party" application. If you want, you might look over this page: https://www.pgadmin.org/support/

--
There’s no obfuscated Perl contest because it’s pointless.

—Jeff Polk

Maranatha! <><
John McKown