Re: Is it possible to sort strings in EBCDIC order in PostgreSQL server?

От John McKown
Тема Re: Is it possible to sort strings in EBCDIC order in PostgreSQL server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 9:43 AM, James Keener <jim@jimkeener.com> wrote:
Sorry for spamming the list. It appears that I'm an idiot. Sorry :(

​I guess we're even now. We both made a similar mistake.​

​But, despite my error, I still think the OP's need for an EBCDIC order is to compare output from parallel runs of an application from both an EBCDIC host and and ASCII host, to make sure they are "the same".

--
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but I can't prove it.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown