Re: newbie how to access the information scheme

От John McKown
Тема Re: newbie how to access the information scheme
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I normally do the command (in psql)

\d+

But if you want an actual SQL statement, the above invokes:

SELECT n.nspname as "Schema",
  c.relname as "Name",
  CASE c.relkind WHEN 'r' THEN 'table' WHEN 'v' THEN 'view' WHEN 'm'
THEN 'materialized view' WHEN 'i' THEN 'index' WHEN 'S' THEN
'sequence' WHEN 's' THEN 'special' WHEN 'f' THEN 'foreign table' END
as "Type",
  pg_catalog.pg_get_userbyid(c.relowner) as "Owner",
  pg_catalog.pg_size_pretty(pg_catalog.pg_table_size(c.oid)) as "Size",
  pg_catalog.obj_description(c.oid, 'pg_class') as "Description"
FROM pg_catalog.pg_class c
     LEFT JOIN pg_catalog.pg_namespace n ON n.oid = c.relnamespace
WHERE c.relkind IN ('r','v','m','S','f','')
      AND n.nspname <> 'pg_catalog'
      AND n.nspname <> 'information_schema'
      AND n.nspname !~ '^pg_toast'
  AND pg_catalog.pg_table_is_visible(c.oid)
ORDER BY 1,2;

I found the above by using the command: psql -E