Re: BUG #14121: Constraint UNIQUE

От John McKown
Тема Re: BUG #14121: Constraint UNIQUE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 5:46 AM, Marco Giraldo <m.giraldo@stt-telefonia.it>
wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Excuse me for the late but I have many work problem.

=E2=80=8BI understand.

> I hope I understand what you mean.
>
> But I do this constraint CREATE TABLE (pippo date UNIQUE, pluto date) etc=
=E2=80=A6

> And I don=E2=80=99t can remove this restriction.

=E2=80=8BCan you show me (and the entire pg=E2=80=8Bsql-bugs group also) wh=
at happens when
you try? That is, in psql, enter something like:

CREATE TABLE name (pippo date UNIQUE, pluto date);
\d+ name

What does the \d+ output show?

This is what happens when I do this:

[tsh009@it-johnmckown-linux syslog]$ psql
psql (9.4.7)
Type "help" for help.

tsh009@tsh009=3D# CREATE TABLE name (pippo date UNIQUE, pluto date);
CREATE TABLE
tsh009@tsh009=3D# \d+ name
                       Table "public.name"
 Column | Type | Modifiers | Storage | Stats target | Description
--------+------+-----------+---------+--------------+-------------
 pippo  | date |           | plain   |              |
 pluto  | date |           | plain   |              |
    "name_pippo_key" UNIQUE CONSTRAINT, btree (pippo)

tsh009@tsh009=3D# insert into name(pippo,pluto)
values('2016-01-01'::date,'2016-01-02'::date);
INSERT 0 1
type=3DSTREAM tsh009@tsh009=3D# select * from name;
   pippo    |   pluto
------------+------------
 2016-01-01 | 2016-01-02
(1 row)

tsh009@tsh009=3D# insert into name(pippo,pluto)
values('2016-01-01'::date,'2016-01-03'::date);
ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "name_pippo_key"
DETAIL:  Key (pippo)=3D(2016-01-01) already exists.
tsh009@tsh009=3D# ALTER TABLE name DROP CONSTRAINT name_pippo_key;
ALTER TABLE
tsh009@tsh009=3D# \d+ name
                       Table "public.name"
 Column | Type | Modifiers | Storage | Stats target | Description
--------+------+-----------+---------+--------------+-------------
 pippo  | date |           | plain   |              |
 pluto  | date |           | plain   |              |

tsh009@tsh009=3D# insert into name(pippo,pluto)
values('2016-01-01'::date,'2016-01-03'::date);
INSERT 0 1
tsh009@tsh009=3D#

=E2=80=8BThe first INSERT works because the table is empty. The second time=
, the
INSERT fails because of the duplicate key. But after the ALTER TABLE ...
DROP CONSTRAINT, I can do the second INSERT again and it succeeds.=E2=80=8B

--=20