Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?

От John McKown
Тема Re: can postgres run well on NFS mounted partitions?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 1:09 PM, Patric Bechtel <patric.bechtel@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anj,

anj patnaik schrieb am 06.11.2015 um 23:37:
> Can anyone advise if there are problems running postgres over NFS mounted partitions?
>
> I do need reliability and high speed.

then don't do this. Period. Put postgres where your data is.

​I agree. This was discussed, in depth, a while back over on the SQLite forum. Basically NFS does not reliably implement all the file system protocols, such as locking, which are really needed by a data base. NFS is excellent for stuff like backups and even source code repositories.​

/Patric

--

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown