Re: ALTER TEXT field to VARCHAR(1024)

От John McKown
Тема Re: ALTER TEXT field to VARCHAR(1024)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry guess I wasn't being as clear as I thought. To be a bit more
precise, I really think that validation should occur _first_ at the
point of entry (for a web browser, I put in Javascript code to verify
it there as well as in the web service doing the same validation
because some people disable Javascript as a possible security breach
vector), then also do the same, or even more, validation in the back
end server. I.e. don't trust any step of the process which is not
under your immediate control. As the "owner" of the data base, I want
to validate the data "myself" according to the proper business rules.
The application developer should also validate the input. What I don't
believe in is a "trusted application" from which I would accept data
and not validate it before updating the data base. If such an
application were to exist, due to management dictum, I would audit
everything that I could to prove any corruption to the data base was
caused by this "can't ever be wrong" application. Yes, I am a
paranoid.

--
There is nothing more pleasant than traveling and meeting new people!
Genghis Khan

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TEXT field to VARCHAR(1024)
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TEXT field to VARCHAR(1024)