Re: [BUGS] please quote POSTGRESQL

От John McKown
Тема Re: [BUGS] please quote POSTGRESQL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Hi,

any updates on this?

​One, this question is not a "bug", so I'd say this is the wrong place to ask. But since I'm reply anyway. ...​

​I am not a part of the PostgreSQL team. So I can't give you anything that is really official. PostgreSQL is a __community__ database software system. If you want to use PostgreSQL and bundle it in with your own software, you may freely (gratis & libre) do so. The PostgreSQL license, shown here: https://www.postgresql.org/about/licence/ is very "open". Again, the software is both libre & gratis. Basically all you need to do is include the referenced copyright notification in your distribution of the software. If you modify PostgreSQL, you can distribute the binaries __without__ being required to distribute the source. That is, you can "commercialize" your version. A "side effect" of this is that there is no _official_ support. You can report a bug, deficiency, or improvement, but you are not guaranteed that anything will be done (even though something likely will).

Now, if you want a contract with the __commerical__ version of PostgreSQL, that is called EDB PostgreSQL. You can learn more about this version here: https://www.enterprisedb.com/products/subscriptions . This page will tell you to go here: https://www.enterprisedb.com/general-inquiry-form to get more information, such as pricing.

I hope this is of some help to you.​

Thank you,

Best regards

Giovanni Pisante

Tfno. +34 916638683 | Fax. +34 902 123 145 |

cid:image009.jpg@01D1D0BC.8F991B60

 Por favor tenga en cuenta las consecuencias medioambientales antes de imprimir este e-mail
.

La transmisión de este correo electrónico está destinada sólo para el uso de las personas o entidades relacionadas y puede contener información considerada confidencial, privilegiada y está prohibida su revelación bajo la ley vigente. Si usted no es destinatario explícito, por la presente le notificamos que está estrictamente PROHIBIDO su revelación, copia, distribución o uso de la información contenida en esta transmisión. Si ha recibido esta transmisión por error, le rogamos lo notifique inmediatamente a la dirección de correo electrónico especificada anteriormente.
Muchas gracias.

.
This e-mail is intended only for use by the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please note any distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately delete the original