Re: Synchronous replication + Fusion-io = waste of money OR significant performance boost? (compared to normal SATA-based SSD-disks)?

От dennis jenkins
Тема Re: Synchronous replication + Fusion-io = waste of money OR significant performance boost? (compared to normal SATA-based SSD-disks)?
Дата
Ответ на Re: Synchronous replication + Fusion-io = waste of money OR significant performance boost? (compared to normal SATA-based SSD-disks)?  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Synchronous replication + Fusion-io = waste of money OR significant performance boost? (compared to normal SATA-based SSD-disks)?  (Ondrej Ivanič <ondrej.ivanic@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I've also looked at the Fusion-IO products.  They are not standard
flash drives.  They don't appear as SATA devices.  They contains an
FPGA that maps the flash directly to the PCI bus.  The kernel-mode
drivers blits data to/from them via DMA, not a SATA or SAS drive (that
would limit transfer rates to 6Gb/s).

But, I don't have any in-hand to test with yet... :(  But the
kool-aide looks tasty :)