Using psql to feed a file line by line to a table column

От Alexander Farber
Тема Using psql to feed a file line by line to a table column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have a list of 400000 non-english words,
each on a separate line and in UTF8 format,
which I'd like to put in the "word" column
of the following table (also in UTF8 and 8.4.13):

create table good_words (
        word varchar(64) primary key,
        verified boolean not null default false,
        stamp timestamp default current_timestamp
);

Is there maybe a psql trick for that
(the "psql --help" doesn't mention
an "input field separator" option)?

Or do I have to write a Perl-script for that task?

Thank you
Alex