How to hide JDBC connection credentials from git?

От Alexander Farber
Тема How to hide JDBC connection credentials from git?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I work on several small Java projects (using Maven+NetBeans) and store them in a public git repository.

I would like to use PostgreSQL JDBC in some of the projects, but don't want to make the connection credentials of my database public.

Surely there are other developers out there, who have already faced similar problem.

Please share your solutions.

It is probably possible to put the database name/user/password into a *.properties file and then ignore it in git repository, but keep it in the workarea?

Thank you
Alex