Re: Moving from PHP to Java: A result was returned when none was expected.

От Alexander Farber
Тема Re: Moving from PHP to Java: A result was returned when none was expected.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Jan,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Jan de Visser <jan@de-visser.net> wrote:
On Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:56:07 PM EDT Alexander Farber wrote:
> Now I am trying to call the same function through JDBC driver 9.4.1208.jre7:
>
>     private static final String SQL_SKIP_GAME   =
>             "SELECT words_skip_game(?, ?)";
>
>         try (PreparedStatement st =
> mDatabase.prepareStatement(SQL_SKIP_GAME)) { st.setInt(1, mUid);
>             st.setInt(2, gid);
>             st.executeUpdate();
>         }
>
> and sadly get the SQLException "A result was returned when none was
> expected.".

Looking at the 9.4 documentation, I see something completely different:

https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/callproc.html

your doc talks about calling stored functions which return SETOF or cursor.

But my function is returning VOID, so according to
https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/94/update.html
I was thinking I should call executeUpdate()?

Regards
Alex

Сообщение: Re: Moving from PHP to Java: A result was returned when none was expected.
Сообщение: Re: Moving from PHP to Java: A result was returned when none was expected.