Appending a newline to a column value - in a psql cronjob

От Alexander Farber
Тема Appending a newline to a column value - in a psql cronjob
Дата
Re: Appending a newline to a column value - in a psql cronjob  (David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello!

I'm using PostgreSQL 8.4.9 on CentOS 6.2 and with bash.

The following cronjob works well for me
(trying to send a mail to myself - for moderation):

6       6       *       *       *       psql -c "select
'http://mysite/user.php?id=' ||id, about from pref_rep where
length(about) > 1 and last_rated > now() - interval '1 day'"

but I can't figure out how to append a newline to the
1st value (because otherwise the line is too long
and I have to scroll right in my mail reader):

What I've tried sofar:

# history
 1001  psql -c "select 'http://mysite/user.php?id=' ||id||'\n', about from .....
 1002  psql -c "select 'http://mysite/user.php?id=' ||id||'\\n', about