Re: Support logical replication of DDLs

От Zheng Li
Тема Re: Support logical replication of DDLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > >Another somewhat unrelated problem I see with this work is how to save
> > >recursion of the same command between nodes (when the involved nodes
> > >replicate DDLs). For DMLs, we can avoid that via replication origins
> > >as is being done in the patch proposed [1] but not sure how will we
> > >deal with that here?
> >
> > I'll need to investigate "recursion of the same command between
> > nodes", could you provide an example?
> >

> See email [1]. I think the same solution should work for your proposal
> as well because I see that LogLogicalMessage includes origin but it is
> better if you can confirm it.
>
> [1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CALDaNm0gwjY_4HFxvvty01BOT01q_fJLKQ3pWP9=9orqubhjcQ@mail.gmail.com

Yes, I applied the patches from [1] and can confirm that the solution
for "infinite recursion of the same command(DDL command in this case)
between nodes" works with my patches.

Regards,
Zheng

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: pg_walcleaner - new tool to detect, archive and delete the unneeded wal files (was Re: pg_archivecleanup - add the ability to detect, archive and delete the unneeded wal files on the primary)