Losing memory references - SRF + SPI

От Anderson Carniel
Тема Losing memory references - SRF + SPI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I am writing a function that returns a set of tuples by using also the PostGIS. Thuis, I am using SRF too. It successfully returns the expected result when it has at most 4 tuples. However, this is not the case when more than 4 tuples have to be returned. When I debug the code, I found that the problem is in my function that transforms a cstring after a SPI_connection. It seems that this cstring is not valid anymore in the moment of this conversion (see my comment below). I know that the SPI uses different contexts when it init and finish its process. But, I don't understand why I have this problem here. Please, note that I tried to copy the values of the whole tuple, but I have the same problem: system crash after the forth call of the function. Also note that I call this function only in the init call of the SRF. Please I would appreciate any suggestion and help.

----------- code of the problematic function here ---------------

LWGEOM *retrieve_geom_from_postgis(int row_id) {
    char query[100];
    int err;
    char *wkt;
    int srid;
    LWGEOM *lwgeom = NULL;
    HeapTuple cop;
    bool null;
    TupleDesc tupdesc;

    //refin is a prepared select command that returns 2 columns
    sprintf(query, "EXECUTE refinplan(%d);", row_id);

    if (SPI_OK_CONNECT != SPI_connect()) {
        SPI_finish();
        _DEBUG(ERROR, "retrieve_geom_from_postgis: could not connect to SPI manager");
        return NULL;
    }
    err = SPI_execute(query, false, 1);
    if (err < 0) {
        SPI_finish();
        _DEBUG(ERROR, "retrieve_geom_from_postgis: could not execute the EXECUTE command");
        return NULL;
    }

    if (SPI_processed <= 0) {
        SPI_finish();
        _DEBUGF(ERROR, "the row_id (%d) does not exist in the table", row_id)
        return NULL;
    }
    cop = SPI_copytuple(SPI_tuptable->vals[0]);
    tupdesc = SPI_tuptable->tupdesc;

    /* disconnect from SPI */
    SPI_finish();

    wkt = text2cstring(DatumGetTextP(heap_getattr(cop, 1, tupdesc, &null)));
    srid = DatumGetInt32(heap_getattr(cop, 2, tupdesc, &null));

    lwgeom = lwgeom_from_wkt(wkt, LW_PARSER_CHECK_NONE); //error here... only after the forth call
    lwgeom_set_srid(lwgeom, srid);

    lwfree(wkt);

    return lwgeom;
}