Re: How to reduce IOWAIT and CPU idle time?

От Samir Magar
Тема Re: How to reduce IOWAIT and CPU idle time?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello Venkata,

Thank you for the reply!

I forgot to specify the application name.It is ZABBIX tool using postgreSQL database. All types of queries are running slow and i can see application is writing continuously.
Yesterday , i updated effective_io_concurrency to 25 which earlier set as default. But this has not helped me to solve the problem.

Yes, you are right, the database size has grown from 5 GB database to 100 GB database and may be there is problem in slownesss in disk. However we cannot replace the disk right now.

I ran vacuum and analyze manually on all the tables as well. Still it is not helping. Can you think of any other setting which i should enable?

Thanks,
Samir Magar