Re: 2023-08-10 release announcement draft

От Donghang Lin
Тема Re: 2023-08-10 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Sorry, join late after the release note is out.

>  * An out-of-memory error from JIT will now cause a PostgreSQL `FATAL` error instead of a C++ exception.

I assume this statement is related to this fix[1].
I think an OOM error from JIT causing a PostgreSQL `FATAL` error is the actual behavior before the fix.
What the fix does is to bring exceptions back to the c++ world when OOM happens outside of LLVM.

Thanks,
Donghang Lin

On Wed, Aug 9, 2023 at 7:10 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 8/8/23 11:13 PM, Robert Treat wrote:

> "Users who have skipped one or more update releases may need to run
> additional, post-update steps; "
>
> The comma should be removed.
>
> "please see the release notes for earlier versions for details."
>
> Use of 'for' twice is grammatically incorrect; I am partial to "please
> see the release notes from earlier versions for details." but could
> also see "please see the release notes for earlier versions to get
> details."

Interestingly, I think this language has been unmodified for awhile.
Upon reading it, I agree, and took your suggestions.

Thanks,

Jonathan