ActiveState Perl is not valid anymore to build PG17 on the Windows 10/11 platforms, So Documentation still suggesting it should be updated

От Yasir
Тема ActiveState Perl is not valid anymore to build PG17 on the Windows 10/11 platforms, So Documentation still suggesting it should be updated
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Hackers,

Recently, I compiled PG17 on the windows. Till PG16 "ActiveState Perl", as instructed in the documentation, was being used successfully on the Windows 10/11 to compile PG.
However, it looks like that "ActiveState Perl" is not valid anymore to compile PG17 on Windows 10/11 but documentation still suggests it. Therefore, I think documentation needs to be updated.
Moreover, I had to install "strawberry's perl" in order to compile PG17 on Windows 10/11. Please check out the thread "errors building on windows using meson" highlighting the issue.

Regards...

Yasir Hussain
Bitnine Global Inc.