Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity

От Sergey Dudoladov
Тема Re: Add connection active, idle time to pg_stat_activity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

@Andrei Zubkov
I've modify the patch to address most of your comments.

>  I have a thought about other possible improvements fitting to this patch.
> I think pg_stat_session view is able to add one more dimension of monitoring - a dimension of sessions

I would like to remind here about the initial scope of this patch. The main goal of it was to ease tracking "idle in transactions" connections, a feature that would really help in my work. The "pg_stat_session" came into play only because the "pg_stat_activity" was seen as an unsuitable place for the relevant counters. With that I still would like to maintaint the focus on committing the "idle in transactions" part of pg_stat_session first.

Regards,
Sergey
Вложения