MSVC installs too much stuff?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема MSVC installs too much stuff?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
When I was working on the test_json stuff yesterday, I noticed that
there are some unexpected (by me at least) things installed when we do
an MSVC build:

$ ls -l bin| egrep 'regress|isolation'
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pgrunner None   72192 Jan 30 07:51 isolationtester.exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pgrunner None  112640 Jan 30 07:51 pg_isolation_regress.exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pgrunner None  112128 Jan 30 07:51 pg_regress.exe
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pgrunner None  112640 Jan 30 07:51 pg_regress_ecpg.exe

This is made all the more obscure by the fact that the install script
doesn't tell you exactly what it's installing, unlike the "make"
driven install.  There could well be other things that are installed
that shouldn't be.

So I think we need to do several things:

. make the install script more verbose
. work out how to ensure the things above (and test_json when we add
it) are not installed.
. check that nothing else is installed that shouldn't be.

cheers

andrew