Re: SQL Server access from PostgreSQL

От Geoff Montee
Тема Re: SQL Server access from PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Geoff Montee <geoff.montee@gmail.com> wrote:

> The NOTICE right before the error might provide useful information:
>
> NOTICE:  DB-Library notice: Msg #: 40508, Msg state: 1, Msg: USE
> statement is not supported to switch between databases. Use a new
> connection to connect to a different database., Server: ms, Process:
> ,Line: 1, Level: 16
>
> tds_fdw doesn't explicitly call the "USE" statement. It calls the
> dbuse() DB-Library function:
>
> https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/blob/master/src/tds_fdw.c#L703
>
> http://www.freetds.org/reference/a00341.html#ga66ea891910f0a357cc78107d6ab7d962
>
> This function does seem to call USE behind the scenes:
>
> https://github.com/FreeTDS/freetds/blob/master/src/dblib/dblib.c#L1414
>
> This seems to be a limitation specific to Azure. Are you using that?:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/a/14167073/1732980
>
> I'll try to come up with a permanent fix for this at some point. I
> added this bug to GitHub. Feel free to subscribe to it:
>
> https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/issues/23

If anyone else is having issues using tds_fdw with Microsoft Azure,
the latest commit adds a foreign server-level "database" option which
fixes the dbuse() issue with Azure. See the GitHub issue for details:

https://github.com/GeoffMontee/tds_fdw/issues/23#issuecomment-109655082

I'll probably package up a tds_fdw 1.0.2 release relatively soon.

Thanks,

Geoff Montee