Re: Extensions not dumped when --schema is used

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Extensions not dumped when --schema is used
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 20 May 2020, at 11:38, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

> Actually, "dump all extensions" (#3) would make sense to me, and has my vote.

Wouldn't that open for another set of problems when running with --schema=bar
and getting errors on restoring for relocatable extensions like these:

    CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS pg_trgm WITH SCHEMA foo;

Only dumping extensions depended on has the same problem of course.

> People dump databases, schemas, and tables. Theu usually don't know which extensions those objects depend on.

That I totally agree with, question is how we best can help users here.

cheers ./daniel