Re: Reference with inheritance propagate data

От Yuriy Rusinov
Тема Re: Reference with inheritance propagate data
Дата
Re: Reference with inheritance propagate data  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello, Jeff !

> One foreign key cannot reference two tables.
>
> Have you considered a design that does not use inheritance? For
> instance, the users table could reference q_base_table, and then
> record_rubricator could also reference q_base_table?

Unfortunately not, because this design does not developed by me and
these changes will result to inefficiency of all project.

> Also, I don't understand what you mean about propagating data. What data
> do you want to propagate?

We're need common numeration for primary key for all users tables, but
others columns may be different for tables.

--
Best regards,
Sincerely yours,