Re: Changing Passwords as Encrypted not Clear-Text

От MURAT KOÇ
Тема Re: Changing Passwords as Encrypted not Clear-Text
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

Both of advices that are using md5 algorithm and setting log_statement for session specific worked well.

Thanks for suggestions and solution advices.

Best Regards,
Murat KOC

2011/12/19 Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com>
On Monday, December 19, 2011 7:26:33 am MURAT KOÇ wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> I wrote a desktop application on Windows by using "Npgsql.dll". So, I send
> SQL statement to database from this application code. I can't use psql
> command line (I know "\password" command changes password encrypted text).
>
> Because of this, I have to use "ALTER USER" statement from application
> code. Or what could you give another advice?

Another option would be to change logging behavior on the fly using SET:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/sql-set.html

set log_statement= 'none';

This will need to be done as a superuser.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com