Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 9:40 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 10:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> As Tom said, it is evident from the plan that the Limit clause is
> pushed in the inner-side of the parallel plan and not all the workers
> compute the same result set for the inner side.
>
>> Likely, we need to treat the presence of a LIMIT/OFFSET in a sub-select
>> as making it parallel-unsafe, for exactly the reason that that makes
>> its results non-deterministic.
>>

> Yeah, one idea could be that we detect this in
> max_parallel_hazard_walker during the very first pass it performs on
> query-tree.

I have written a patch along those lines.  This is still a WIP patch
and it is mainly to demonstrate what I have in mind.  There is one
test in select_parallel.sql failing after this patch, but I think that
is expected and we need to adjust that test.   Let me know if you see
a flaw in this approach?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.