Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Don't generate parallel paths for rels with parallel-restricted

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Don't generate parallel paths for rels with parallel-restricted
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Don't generate parallel paths for rels with parallel-restricted  (Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >> Yes, absolutely.
>
> > Isn't this true only for UNION ALL cases and not for inheritance child
> > relations (at least that is what seems to be mentioned in comments
> > for translated_vars in AppendRelInfo)?
>
> Correct.
>
> > If that is right, then I think
> > there shouldn't be a problem w.r.t parallel plans even if
> > adjust_appendrel_attrs() translate Vars into non-Vars, because for UNION
> > ALL it seems parent rels rtekind is RTE_SUBQUERY and we consider such rels
> > as parallel unsafe (see set_rel_consider_parallel()).
>
> Hm, that would explain why you haven't been able to exhibit a bug on HEAD
> as it stands;

Right, so I have moved "Failed assertion in parallel worker (ExecInitSubPlan)" item to CLOSE_WAIT state as I don't think there is any known pending issue in that item.  I have moved it to CLOSE_WAIT state because we have derived our queries to reproduce the problem based on original report[1].  If next run of sqlsmith doesn't show any problem in this context then we will move it to resolved.