Re: postgresql.auto.conf read from wrong directory

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: postgresql.auto.conf read from wrong directory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Since this bug would block testing of ALTER SYSTEM by a nontrivial
> population of users, I felt it was important to get it fixed before beta,
> so I went to try and fix it as above.  It turns out that reading the two
> config files separately doesn't work because ProcessConfigFile will think
> all the settings got removed from the file.  What we can do for the
> moment, though, is to just run ProcessConfigFile twice during startup,
> skipping the auto file the first time.  It might be worth refactoring
> ProcessConfigFile to avoid the overhead of reading postgresql.conf twice,
> but it would be a lot of work and I think the gain would be marginal; in
> any case there's not time to do that today.  But I've got the main problem
> fixed in time for beta.

Thanks for fixing it.
I will provide a fix to forbid data_directory via Alter System as suggested
by you upthread.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

От: Kouhei Kaigai
Сообщение: Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: test_shm_mq failing on anole (was: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?)