Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 1:57 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 9:31 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > I know that Robert is working on a patch that revises the undo request
> > layer somewhat, it's possible that this is best discussed afterwards.
>
> Here's what I have at the moment.  This is not by any means a complete
> replacement for Amit's undo worker machinery, but it is a significant
> redesign (and I believe a significant improvement to) the queue
> management stuff from Amit's patch.

Thanks for working on this.  Neither Kuntal nor I have got time to
look into this part in detail.

>  I wrote this pretty quickly, so
> while it passes simple testing, it probably has a number of bugs, and
> to actually use it, it would need to be integrated with xact.c;

I can look into this and integrate with other parts of the patch next
week unless you are planning to do.  Right now, I am working on fixing
up some other comments raised on the patches which I will share today
or early next week after which I can start looking into this. I hope
that is fine with you.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Сообщение: Re: Problem with default partition pruning
Сообщение: Re: Problem with default partition pruning