Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 9:53 AM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the comments, the attached v47 patch has the changes for the same.

V47-0001* looks good to me apart from below minor things. I would like
to commit this tomorrow unless there are more comments on it.

Few minor suggestions:
==================
1.
+ list_free_deep(publist);
+ pfree(pubnames->data);
+ pfree(pubnames);

I don't think we need to free this memory as it will automatically be
released at end of the command (this memory is allocated in portal
context). I understand there is no harm in freeing it as well but
better to leave it as there doesn't appear to be any danger of leaking
memory for a longer time.

2.
+ res = walrcv_exec(wrconn, cmd.data, 1, tableRow);
+ pfree(cmd.data);

Don't you need to free cmd as well here? I think it is better to avoid
freeing it due to reasons mentioned in the previous point.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.