Re: [HACKERS] parallelize queries containing subplans

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] parallelize queries containing subplans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 4:46 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 11:07 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have removed the check of AlternativeSubPlan so that it can be
>> handled by expression_tree_walker.
>> Attached patch fixes all the comments raised till now.
>
> Committed after removing the reference to AlternativeSubPlan from the
> comment.  I didn't see any need to mention that.

Okay, I was also of two minds while adding that line in the comment.
I had kept it because there are few places in the code where both
SubPlan and AlternativeSubPlan are handled together, so I thought the
person looking at this code should not wonder why we have not handled
AlternativeSubPlan. However, I think it is okay to remove it from
comment as there exist other places where only Subplan is handled and
we rely on expression tree walker for AlternativeSubPlans.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.