Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical decoding of two-phase transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 4:43 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The patch looks good to me, I don't have any comments.
>
> I tried the v95-0001 patch.
>
> - The patch applied cleanly and all build / testing was OK.
> - The documentation also builds OK.
> - I checked all v95-0001 / v93-0001 differences and found no problems.
> - Furthermore, I noted that v95-0001 patch is passing the cfbot [1].
>
> So this patch LGTM.

Thanks, I took another pass over it and made a few changes in docs and
comments. I am planning to push this next week sometime (by 14th July)
unless there are more comments from you or someone else. Just to
summarize, this patch will add support for prepared transactions to
built-in logical replication. To add support for streaming
transactions at prepare time into the
built-in logical replication, we need to do the following things: (a)
Modify the output plugin (pgoutput) to implement the new two-phase API
callbacks, by leveraging the extended replication protocol. (b) Modify
the replication apply worker, to properly handle two-phase
transactions by replaying them on prepare. (c) Add a new SUBSCRIPTION
option "two_phase" to allow users to enable
two-phase transactions. We enable the two_phase once the initial data
sync is over. Refer to comments atop worker.c in the patch and commit
message to see further details about this patch. After this patch,
there is a follow-up patch to allow streaming and two-phase options
together which I feel needs some more review and can be committed
separately.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.