Re: pgsql: Doc: Explain about Column List feature.

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: pgsql: Doc: Explain about Column List feature.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 19, 2022 at 10:17 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2022-Sep-15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
> > On 2022-Sep-15, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> > > Looking at the rendered docs again, I notice that section "31.4.5.
> > > Combining Multiple Column Lists" is *only* the red-tinted Warning block.
> > > That seems quite odd.  I am tempted to remove the sect2 heading for that
> > > one too.
> >
> > Pushed.  I didn't modify this part; I spent too much time looking at it
> > trying to figure out how to do it.  I think this bit really belongs in
> > the CREATE/ALTER docs rather than this chapter.  But in order to support
> > having a separate <para> for the restriction on combination, we need a
> > separate <varlistentry> for the column_name parameter. So I'm going to
> > edit that one and I'll throw this change in.
>
> I figured out how to fix this one -- just remove the <sect2> tags, and
> add a <title> tag to the <warning> box.  The attached yields the
> explanatory text in a separate box that doesn't have the silly
> otherwise-empty section title.  We add the 'id' that was in the sect2 to
> the warning; with this, at the referencing end the full title is
> rendered, which looks quite reasonable.  I have attached screenshots of
> both sides of this.
>
> Compare the existing
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/logical-replication-col-lists.html#LOGICAL-REPLICATION-COL-LIST-COMBINING

-  <sect2 id="logical-replication-col-list-combining">
-   <title>Combining Multiple Column Lists</title>
-
-   <warning>
+   <warning id="logical-replication-col-list-combining">
+    <title>Combining Column Lists from Multiple Subscriptions</title>

Shouldn't the title be "Combining Column Lists from Multiple
Publications"? We can define column lists while defining publications
so the proposed title doesn't seem to be conveying the right thing.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.